Cerificates - ISO 22000:2018
specifies requirements for a food safety management system where an organization in the food chain needs to demonstrate its ability to control food safety hazards in order to ensure that food is safe at the time of human consumption.
It is applicable to all organizations, regardless of size, which are involved in any aspect of the food chain and want to implement systems that consistently provide safe products.
ISO 22000:2018 specifies requirements to enable an organization:
- to plan, implement, operate, maintain and update a food safety management system aimed at providing products that, according to their intended use, are safe for the consumer,
- to demonstrate compliance with applicable statutory and regulatory food safety requirements,
- to evaluate and assess customer requirements and demonstrate conformity with those mutually agreed customer requirements that relate to food safety, in order to enhance customer satisfaction,
- to effectively communicate food safety issues to their suppliers, customers and relevant interested parties in the food chain,
- to ensure that the organization conforms to its stated food safety policy,
- to demonstrate such conformity to relevant interested parties.
The Codex Alimentarius HACCP principles are fully implemented in the ISO 22000 standard.
ACERTA promotes certification against this standard as a worldwide accepted proof to differentiate a Food Safety System for the essentials features of handling food.