1. Food Safety Control Program
- Monthly unannounced Food Safety Audit:
- Staff training on Basic Food Safety (3 hours) 2 time / Year for F&B staff in each hotel
Checklist based on Food Safety principals and Audit covers the whole food chain:
- Receipt of Delivery
- Dry Storage
- Frozen Storage
- Refrigerated Storage
- Food Preparation
- Defrosting of frozen foods
- Cooking & Reheating
- Food display & Service
- 1Water & ice
- Personal Hygiene (Staff training, Medical Screening, Personal Hygiene Facilities, Personal Hygiene Practices)
- Solid Waste
- Pest Control
- Structure of food preparation areas
- Customer toilets
- Restaurants & dining areas
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Swimming pools
- Laboratory Analysis
- Legionella Control Program
- Food Safety Control Program (FOOD SAFETY):
- Control plans
- Work instructions
- CCPs “ Critical Control Points plans
Staff coaching Training during the Audit tour.
- Document review
- Temperature controls (Receiving foods, Fridges & Freezers, Defrosting, Cooking,
- Reheating, Cooling, Chilled food display, Hot food display)
- Vegetables & Fruits sanitation log
- Pest identification forms
- Cleaning & sanitation logs
- Any other form related to Food Safety
- Scoring system,
* The audit checklist contains many sections with a number of questions; objective evidence gained during the audit answer these questions
“Conform” or “non- conform”
Conform = Two (2)
Minor non – conformance = One (1)
Major non – conformance = Zero (0)
* Indication of performance depends on the total score obtained from the audit:
- Audit score
- Results of microbiological analysis of food and swab & water samples.
The following are considered Major non-conformances under the operational requirements of ACERTA Middle East certification services.
For each non-conformance a penalty of 10% is awarded to the overall score for the section in which the incidence was noted.
- Absence of sanitizer.
- Staff not wearing headgear in any food prep area.
- Presence of pests.
- Jewelry (bandages/ necklaces / fancy earrings)
- Bad working habits.
- Incorrect storage temperature.
- Eating and /or drinking in food prep. Areas.
- Expired stock.
- Absence of hand wash commodities at any hand wash basin
- Evidence of smoking
- Swab score of Zero
The presence of pest at any indoor Food prep Area or restaurant will lead to not award the ACERTA Middle East Food Safety Certificate although the score is over the 80%, till the solution of this problem.
Indication of performance:
- Above 80% - Excellent result with very few items to rectify
- 60-79 % - Food Hygiene /FOOD SAFETY training for staff together with implementation of an action plan & FOOD SAFETY system for improvement
- Below 60% - Food Hygiene /FOOD SAFETY training, FOOD SAFETY system Should be implemented & action plan for improvement according to the audit result recommendation
**Awarde the Silver ACERTA Middle East Certificat
**After 3 succesive awarding the silver certificate the hotel will gain the Golden ACERTA Middle East Certificate
Details of the performance regard the implementation of the FOOD SAFETY system. Report includes:
- Checklist with scores of each item.
- Major non-conformities.
2. Sampling & Laboratory Analysis
Ensure the actual effectiveness of the system and risk of food contamination is minimized. Interpretation of results of the analysis results and the audit findings, recommendations and Corrective actions
- Food Samples ( fresh, cooked & raw food)
- Water samples (tap water, purification / treatment units, ice)
- Surface swabs ( clean surfaces, cooking utensils, hands of food Covereders
- Hand Swabs
- Throat swabs
** Detailed Report of Microbiological test results of samples (food, surface swabs and water).