Food & Hospitality
1. Food Safety Control Program
· Monthly unannounced Food Safety Audit:
· Staff training on Basic Food Safety (2 hours) 2 time / Year for F&B staff in each restaurant
· Checklist based on Food Safety principals and Audit covers the whole food chain:
1. Receipt of Delivery
2. Dry Storage
3. Frozen Storage
4. Refrigerated Storage
5. Food Preparation
6. Defrosting of frozen foods
7. Cooking & Reheating
9. Food display & Service
11. Water & ice
12. Personal Hygiene (Staff training, Medical Screening, Personal Hygiene Facilities, Personal Hygiene Practices)
13. Solid Waste
14. Pest Control
15. Structure of food preparation areas
16. Customer toilets
17. Restaurants & dining areas
19. Cleaning & Sanitation
20. Laboratory Analysis
· Staff coaching Training during the Audit tour.
· Document review
· Temperature controls (Receiving foods, Fridges & Freezers, Defrosting, Cooking,
· Reheating, Cooling, Chilled food display, Hot food display)
· Vegetables & Fruits sanitation log
· Any other form related to Food Safety.
· Scoring system,
* The audit checklist contains many sections with a number of questions; objective evidence gained during the audit answer these questions
“Conform” or “non- conform”
Conform = Two (2)
Minor non – conformance = One (1)
Major non – conformance = Zero (0)
* Indication of performance depends on the total score obtained from the audit:
· Audit score
· Results of microbiological analysis of food and swab & water samples.
o The following are considered Major non-conformances under the operational requirements of ACERTA Middle East certification services.
o For each non-conformance a penalty of 10% is awarded to the overall score for the section in which the incidence was noted.
1. Absence of sanitizer.
2. Staff not wearing headgear in any food prep area.
3. Presence of pests.
4. Jewelry (bandages/ necklaces / fancy earrings)
5. Bad working habits.
6. Incorrect storage temperature.
7. Eating and /or drinking in food prep. Areas.
8. Expired stock.
10. Absence of hand wash commodities at any hand wash basin
11. Evidence of smoking
12. Swab score of Zero
Indication of performance:
· Above 80% Excellent result with very few items to rectify
**Awarde the Silver ACERTA Middle East Certificate
**After 3 succesive awarding the silver certificate the Restaurant will gain the Golden ACERTA Middle East Certificate
· 60-79 % Food Hygiene /FOOD SAFETY training for staff together with
implementation of an action plan & FOOD SAFETY system
· Below 60% Food Hygiene /FOOD SAFETY training, FOOD SAFETY system
should be implemented & action plan for
improvement according to the audit result
Details of the performance regard the implementation of the FOOD SAFETY system. Report includes:
· Checklist with scores of each item.
· Major non-conformities.
2. Sampling & Laboratory Analysis :-
Ensure the actual effectiveness of the system and risk of food contamination is minimized. Interpretation of results of the analysis results and the audit findings, recommendations and Corrective actions
· Food Samples ( fresh, cooked & raw food)
· Water samples (tap water, purification / treatment units, ice)
· Surface swabs ( clean surfaces, cooking utensils, hands of food Covereders
· Hand Swabs
· Throat swabs
** Detailed Report of Microbiological test results of samples (food, surface swabs and water).
3. Mystery Guest Service:
Mystery Guest Service a management tool that provides companies with a means of monitoring service from the costumers’ perspective.
“Measure smiles” An added value to the consumer
**The key to success in hospitality industry is setting and maintaining service standards - standards that do not change from shift to shift, from manager to manager.
**The guidelines in the checklist are based on global standards of service quality and the Restaurant service parameters
1. Quick preparation of reports and submission to The Management
2. Ongoing visits for continuous monitoring of service quality
3. Preparation of graphs for audits with score summery, highlighting weak and strong areas
1. Medical Screening tests for F&B staff, Sampling & Analysis:
· Throat swabs
· Urine analysis
· Stool analysis
· Blood sample for Hepatitis A,B,C viruses.
4. Food Safety Staff Training:
· Courses to be delivered at client premises ( Minimum 10 delegates per course) , course includes handbook, workshops, Examinations, assignments and ACERTA Middle East certificate.
· Other like The accommodation, transportation & visit expenses (Trainig venue, Coffee breaks or lunch breaks & Data Show) will be Covered by the restaurant Management.
· Level 1 Award in Basic Food Safety in work place: 3 hours in half day
· Level 2 Award in Intermediate Food Safety: 6 hours in one day
· Level 3 Award in Internal Auditor 12 hours in 2 days,
· Level 3 Award in Advanced Food Safety (Supervisory Management): 12 hours in 2 days,
· Level 3 Award in HACCP Awareness & Implementation 12 hours in 2 days
· Level 3 Award in HACCP Intermediate 12 hours in 2 days,
· Level 4 Award in HACCP Advanced 18 hours in 3 days